Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm

Reasons I will never go without Mosquito & Tick control on my property


  1. Lyme disease is a bacterial infection primarily transmitted by Ixodes ticks, also known as deer ticks. Lyme disease is caused by a spirochete—a corkscrew-shaped bacterium called Borrelia burgdorferi. Lyme is called “The Great Imitator,” because its symptoms mimic many other diseases. It can affect any organ of the body, including the brain and nervous system, muscles and joints, and the heart.


  1. Zika virus is a disease that is spread to people primarily through the bite of an infected Aedes species mosquito. The most common symptoms of Zika are fever, rash, joint pain, and conjunctivitis (red eyes). The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting for several days to a week after being bitten by an infected mosquito. On Feb 1, 2016, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared Zika virus a public health emergency of international concern.
  1. Anaplasmosis is a bacterial infection with symptoms that include headache, fever, chills, confusion, and abdominal pain. The CDC also illustrates certain difficulties in clinical diagnosis. Specifically, the generalized symptoms can be easily confused with other ailments, and lab-based antigen tests generally do not show up positive in the first 7-10 days of illness. Unlike other tick-borne diseases such as Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, there is very rarely a rash associated with this bacterial infection. Often, the best treatment may be prevention.
  1. Powassan Encephalitis is a serious and rare tick-borne illness caused by the Powassan virus. In Maine, the Powassan virus is spread by the woodchuck tick. Anyone can get infected with the Powassan virus. The majority of cases occur in adults who spend time outdoors in areas where ticks are common during the months of April through October. Powassan is spread by the bite of a tick that already has the germ. Powassan does not spread from person to person. In 2013 a Rockland area artist died as a result of contracting the virus.
  1. Heartworm-In-HeartHeartworm disease is a serious and potentially fatal disease in pets in the United States and many other parts of the world. It is caused by foot-long worms (heartworms) that live in the heart, lungs and associated blood vessels of affected pets, causing severe lung disease, heart failure and damage to other organs in the body. Heartworm disease affects dogs, cats and ferrets, but heartworms also live in other mammal species, including wolves, coyotes, foxes, sea lions and, in rare instances, humans. Because wild species such as foxes and coyotes live in proximity to many urban areas, they are considered important carriers of the disease. The mosquito plays an essential role in the heartworm life cycle. Adult female heartworms living in an infected dog, fox, coyote, or wolf produce microscopic baby worms called microfilaria that circulate in the bloodstream. When a mosquito bites and takes a blood meal from an infected animal, it picks up these baby worms, which develop and mature into “infective stage” larvae over a period of 10 to 14 days. Then, when the infected mosquito bites another dog, cat, or susceptible wild animal, the infective larvae are deposited onto the surface of the animal’s skin and enter the new host through the mosquito’s bite wound.
  1. CampfireCampfire with the kids! There are few activities my family enjoys more than an evening campfire with the family. If I can protect my family and friends from long term illness but also enjoy an evening campfire without getting driven indoors by tenaciously irritating mosquitos, I will!!


Maine records two cases of encephalitis caused by ticks

AUGUSTA (AP) — The Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention says that the state has recorded two cases of encephalitis caused by a tick-borne disease

A deer tick under a microscope in the entomology lab at the University of Rhode Island in South Kingstown, R.I. Lyme disease is about 10 times more common than previously reported, health officials said Monday.

Officials announced Wednesday that the Maine CDC was notified last week of two cases of Powassan Encephalitis in adults in Maine’s Mid Coast.

Both people are recovering at home after being discharged from the hospital.

Powassan, also known as deer tick virus, has been around since 1958 when it was discovered in Powassan, Ontario. Symptoms that appear between a week to a month after a tick bite include fever, headache, vomiting, weakness, confusion, seizures and memory loss.

Maine has recorded nine cases, including these two, since 2000. State Epidemiologist Dr. Siiri Bennett said Mainers need to take precautions to avoid being bitten by ticks.

To get a Free Estimate and Property Evaluation Call 622-6600 or

Click Here For A Custom Quote

Quick Quote